[Live-demo] What version of applications should we be installing on OSGeo-Live 6.5? - for mapbender

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:34:13 PST 2012

On 11/09/2012 02:49 PM, Astrid Emde wrote:
> Am 09.11.2012 11:54, schrieb Cameron Shorter:
>> On 9/11/2012 9:49 PM, Astrid Emde wrote:
>>> We will go for Mapbender 2.7.4 and Mapbender 3.x
>> Astrid,
>> I have a strong preference for only installing one version of each
>> application on OSGeo-Live.
>> We don't want to be confusing new users with trying to work out which
>> version of an application they should be testing. We should help by
>> making that decision for them.
>>
>> Do you wish to discuss why you think there should be multiple versions
>> of mapbender installed?
>>
> Hello Cameron, hi folks,
>
> we are reimplementing Mapbender at the moment using Symphony2,
> OpenLayers, MapQuery and JQuery (http://mapbender3.org/). Mapbender3
> does not offer everything Mapbender 2.x does, but in the future this
> will be the software we work on and reimplement the mapbender 2.x
> features and more.
>
> I will discuss with the Mapbender team, whether we skip 2.7.x on
> OSGeo-Live already and provide only Mapbender3. Sounds good to me.
>
> Astrid

Hi Astrid,

Excellent work on geoportal.de !
I would prefer having Mapbender 3.0 on the disk, since it is supporting
the German geoportal... just my 2 cents.
If other features are included in the future, point updates will bring
them in.

The only issue I see is the documentation update.

Cheers,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos