[Live-demo] which version of PostGIS on OSGeo-Live? What apps will be effected?

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Mon Nov 19 14:37:31 PST 2012

hmmm I would say it this way
OSGeo Live is a showcase of OSGeo software, no?

PostGIS 2.0 went final in April of 2012,
after two years+ of development and many thousands of hours of testing
put another way, it is now six months after 2.0 was released, and
will be nine by the time the Live ships
I am personally familiar with almost every upgrade issue, they are
all very contained

I suggest that PostGIS 2.0 become the default for the Live on this
release
all data sets are moved over, which I can do and others can help
and that 1.5 is offered as a side option/hack for projects that
*truly have unsolved problems*
no standard datasets in 1.5, only 2.0+

--
Brian Hamlin