[Live-demo] Retiring Geopublisher and AtalasStyler?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:52:12 PST 2012

Stefan,
I see from your blog  that "Geopublisher and AtlasSytler development has
ceased" [1].

As I have previously retired an Open Source project that I started
(mapbuilder) [2], I appreciate that it can be a difficult decision to
make, and I suspect you will be feeling a sense of loss. So my heart
goes out to you.

However, I suggest that you will likely find with one door closing,
another door will open. For me, it opened up time for me to get involved
the OSGeo-Live project.

On a practical matter, I'd like to hear your thoughts on including
Geopublisher and AtlasStyler on OSGeo-Live. My feeling is that
OSGeo-Live should only be promoting projects with an active community
behind it. As such, we probably should take the projects off OSGeo-Live
in the next release.
Comments?

[1] http://en.geopublishing.org/GoodBye
[2]