[Live-demo] OSGeo Live DVD translation to Russian started

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:43:33 PDT 2012

Maxim,
I'm very excited to hear about your Russian translation efforts.
It seems from your spreadsheet that there have already been a number of
docs which have been translated?

I encourage you and other translators to start committing your documents
into our subversion repository so that we can see the Russian docs as
they start to develop, and also to check that the new documents don't
accidentally break our doc build process.

The translation process is described here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Translate

But in particular, can you please:
* get subversion access for those who want it
* have all your translators publicly confirm they are ok with the open
licenses on OSGeoLive (by sending an email to this list)
* credit the list of translators you already have
* start committing translations into subversion

(These steps are referenced from the wiki page above)