[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 6.5 RC1 status

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:30:56 PST 2013

Hi all,

The only issue found in RC1 so far was a documentation problem (headers
were inactive in the installers section).
No software issues were reported so far and no blocker issues.

Thanks Cameron for fixing the above issue. This fix was included in
latest nightly build [1]. I tested this nightly build and everything
works as in RC1.

During the last 24h a new iso for Xubuntu 12.04.2 was released [2]
As per [3] there is Secure Boot support within the kernel included in
this version. I believe that this update might be worthy for doing an
upgrade and a RC2.

I have started a test nightly (build 9999), based on 12.04.2 iso and
this will be available soon at [4].

So our options:
1. Release RC1 as final. The doc issue is very minor in my opinion.
2. Release build 9997 as final. The doc issue is fixed but I am the only
one who tested it (I have tested UAT, VM installation and USB creation)
3. Build RC2 based on new Xubuntu iso and call this the final if
everything works as expected.

Thoughts?

Best,
Angelos