[Live-demo] "big" data sets on OSGeo Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:24:15 PST 2013

Peter,
This is a very kind and generous offer.
But I don't want to hold you to such an offer until you understand the
full cost that moving from a DVD to USB distribution would entail.
OSGeo-Live use has been increasing exponentially over the last 4 years,
and was handed out at ~ 20 events in 2012 (not just the international
FOSS4G).
If sponsor(s) were to subsidise OSGeo-Live USBs, we would need to ensure
that such subsidies were available for all expected print runs for the
next few years. I think this requirement might be a bit more than you
were anticipating when considering this offer below?

That aside, as mentioned in our chat, I still see a need for a mini
version of OSGeo-Live for the next couple of years at least.