[Live-demo] Postgis 2.0 - legacy.sql

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:02:54 PST 2013

Hi Sergio,

Yes we have pushed PostGIS 2.0 for this release of OSGeoLive.

Would this solution you propose be applied to a specific database?
I would like to hear more opinions on this.
I would vote +/- 0 on this since it is close to the RC and I don't know
if it will affect other applications on the disk.
Another idea would be to remove the PostGIS 2.0 quickstart part for the
6.5 release and restore them for 7.0.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Angelos

On 01/24/2013 01:28 PM, Sergio Baños Calvo wrote:
> While following Kosmo Desktop Quickstart, I realized that PostGIS 2.X
> is used in the OSGeo LiveDVD 6.5.
>
> Kosmo Desktop 2.0.1 (and I suppose that some others applications
> present at the LiveDVD may have a similar problem) doesn't support
> PostGIS 2.X as it uses some functions that have been removed in the
> 2.X series (as extent(), geometryfromtext(), ...).
>
> In order to solve the PostGIS layers problems, could it be possible to
> load the legacy.sql file into the LiveDVD PostgreSQL database as
> pointed in [1]?
>
> Regards,
>
> [1] http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/PostGIS_FAQ.html#legacy_faq

Angelos Tzotsos