[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live Quickstart 48 hour Hackathon

Sergio Baños Calvo listas at saig.es
Wed Jan 30 02:07:56 PST 2013

Hi,

great initiative, I'll join in for sure.

I wont' be able to attend the initial IRC meeting but I will participate
in the process as soon as I could.

Regards,

El 30/01/2013 8:23, Javi Sanchez escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I am just excited about the Quickstart Hackaton this week.
>
> We are now testing the interest on the Hackaton from the Spanish
> Spoken community side.
>
> Now potencial contributers can sign-in at [1].
>
> Some times people are not very motivated to go through the sign-in
> process, but we are currently 5 people listed [2].
>
> I am going to spread the voice again in the spanish list. I am pretty
> sure there will be more people interested in taking part.
>
> I will attend the IRC meeting.
>

> [1]
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDBGVkhlUWN6NkpNcl9sOVZFY2JZRmc6MQ&ifq
>
> [2]
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlRFyY1XenjJdDBGVkhlUWN6NkpNcl9sOVZFY2JZRmc
>
> Regards,
>
> Javi Sánchez
>

> El 29/01/13 09:35, Luca Delucchi escribió:
>> 2013/1/25 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi Cameron
>>
>>> We are organising an "OSGeo-Live Quickstart 48 hour hackathon", aimed
>>> squarely at bringing OSGeo-Live documentation quality up one notch, by
>>> putting the Quickstarts through the same comprehensive testing and
>>> review
>>> that we have provided for our Project Overviews. (Credit to Javi and
>>> the
>>> OSGeo-Live Spanish community for suggesting the initiative).
>>>
>> This is really a good idea
>>
>>> The Hackathon will kick off with a one hour IRC meeting with everyone,
>>> followed by a 48 hour round the clock hangout, with people dropping
>>> in where
>>> appropriate for their timezone and work/family schedules.
>>>
>>> Pre Hackfest:
>>>
>>> Download our current stable OSGeo-Live release from:
>>> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/latest/
>>>
>>> Kickoff:
>>>
>>> Log onto: irc://irc.freenode.net#osgeolive
>>> Time: Thursday, 31 January 2013 at 19:30:00
>>>
>>> New York, USA: 2:30PM EST, Th 31 Jan
>>> San Francisco USA: 11:30AM PST, Th 31 Jan
>>> Sydney Australia: 6:30AM Fr 1 Feb
>>> Rome Italy: 8:30:00PM CET, Th 31 Jan
>>>
>>> Review process:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#Quickstart_Review_Checklist
>>>

>>> Please let me know if you would like to join us, and I'll make sure
>>> to look
>>> out for you. Depending on numbers, we might also set up a Google
>>> Hangout.
>>>
>> I would like to join you but I don't know yet because the 2nd of
>> February the GRASS Community Sprint Genova 2013 starts and I have to
>> check and organize the last stuff.
>> Maybe I could find some hours....

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: sbc at saig.es