[Live-demo] Funding of LiveDVD for conferences.

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jan 30 09:12:22 PST 2013

On 01/30/2013 08:37 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
> All,
>
> So, where do requests for funding go to for LiveDVD creation for conferences?  I've just been tapped to research this aspect for the FOSS4GNA conference in Minneapolis this spring?
>
> Also, is there a chance that the 8GB USB Stick version of things might be in place sometime soon, or should I forget about that entirely for this event.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bobb

The USB stick version is the same ISO as the DVD just made into a
bootable usb. We have a schedule to finish 6.5 by Mid February well in
time for Foss4gNA. The trickiest part about usb sticks is finding a
vendor in the US who can actually make them bootable - we failed in
Denver and I spent the week (with volunteers) re-doing all of them.
I can provide you with the companies we have used in the past for DVDs
and USBs.

OSGeo does not usually pay for DVDs or USB sticks for conferences,
especially not a FOSS4G where it ought to come from the admission fee.
Marketing committee is the place to discuss.

Thanks,
Alex