[Live-demo] Enable JSONP for GeoServer

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Tue Jul 2 08:10:25 PDT 2013

On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 16:19:36 +0200, Patric Hafner | geOps
<patric.hafner at geops.de> wrote:
.. Cartaro
> (http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1136).
>
> In order to run Cartaro with GeoServer 2.3, it is necessary to set the
> java system variable ENABLE_JSONP=true to enable the JSONP
> (text/javascript) output format.
> This can be done in /usr/local/lib/geoserver-2.3.2/bin/startup.sh Line 71
>
> -  export JAVA_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=128m"
> +  export JAVA_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=128m -DENABLE_JSONP=true"
>
> (More Information:
> http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/services/wms/global.html#wms-global-variables)
>
> Does someone see any problems with activating it? Especially the other
> projects using GeoServer?

hmm, non-Java programmer here..
but I suspect that those JAVA_OPTS can accumulate. I recall adding
JAVA_OPTS somewhere,
such that you do not have to modify the one geoserver startup script,
but instead add to
an application specific script somewhere.. but I will have to look it up

The option JSONP appears to add functionality, not change or remove
fiunctionality, so
I am guessing, that there will be no problem adding it.. The question
is more,
where to add it cleanly to setup and configuration.

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter