[Live-demo] Issues with libgdal1 / php5-gdal

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Mon Jul 15 11:22:33 PDT 2013

Hi Patric,

Long story short for GDAL, is that in the 1.10.0 update the libgdal1
package has been removed and replaced with libgdal1h which conflicts
with libgdal1. So if php5-gdal has been built against an older version
of GDAL, and then depends on libgdal1 it will conflict with all the
packages depending on the new libgdal1h and dpkg removes them.

I suggest you rebuild the php5-gdal using the UbuntuGIS repo since many
packages used in OSGeoLive come from there. You could even ask for
access to the repository in the UbuntuGIS mailing list
(http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu) and upload your
packages there.

Sorry for the little mess this updated created.
Jérôme