[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 7.0 status: beta1

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 02:56:04 PDT 2013

Hi all,

As you probably have seen we had some issues with UbuntuGIS packages
last week, causing build failures.
At this point we are almost back to normal.
Of course this delay caused a slip in beta1 release date.

So our status right now:

1. Current nightly build is
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/osgeo-live-debug-build10379-i386.iso
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/osgeo-live-debug-build10379-i386-log.tar.gz

2. Cartaro is now fixed and ready for beta.
3. OSSIM has not been rebuild with new gdal and causes build failure, so
it is not included in current builds.
4. pgRouting 2.0 is not available yet
5. GeoNode is switching from pypi installation script to using ppa + deb
files. This will also bring python-django 1.5.1 as a deb file instead of
pypi and will make our lives easier on the packaging side.

My proposal is to build beta1 in 36h from now, with or without the above
issues fixed.
After beta1 we are officially in feature freeze, which means only bug
and ticket fixes.

Unfortunately my trip to oSC2013 (https://conference.opensuse.org/) will
hold me away from this week's meeting.

Best,