[Live-demo] TinyOWS merging with UMN Mapserver

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Mon Jul 29 13:50:51 PDT 2013

Hi All -

 I wish good things for all involved.. and, the Live project has
reached feature freeze at Beta 1, with Final looming for the
International FOSS4G.
I do not see a practical way for tech, installer/build and docs process
to smoothly synch before Final. Therefore, I suggest strongly that we
defer
any changes regarding MapServer Suite to OSGeo Live 7.5. If one or more
people from MapServer were to devote full time attention to a
proposed change, it would still be a stretch. My experience is that it
is unlikely to get that sort of attention during the vacation month of
August.

-1

best regards from Berkeley, California

--

Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter

I'd be inclined to suggest that OSGeo-Live distribute MapServer Suite