[Live-demo] Deadline for English docs today - and status

Ian Edwards iedwards.pub at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 03:20:10 PDT 2013

Hi Cameron,

I think it was agreed that we would not have a linked project overview for
the newly added Iris python library, but would instead wait until after our
FOSS4G workshop to gauge how best to link in with the rest of the software
on the disk. Particularly it's likely we'll produce a demo of integrating
with zoo-project/mapserver and the various sample data including the new
NetCDF data.

Ian
 Hi,
All OSGeo-Live English docs should be complete by now, in order to give
translators sufficient time to translate.

I'm looking for people who can help progress the status of the docs below.
If you are a project lead, please ensure your project docs are ready.

Our current status, as per our status spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=13

*Awaiting docs for:*
leaflet:
* Project Overview written, but needs to be worked into OSGeo-Live template
format.
* Quickstart points at an Online doc. We want a version in our doc format
so that it can be used offline.

sextane:
* Waiting for a Project Overview

netCDF dataset
* Waiting for a Project Overview

*Project Overviews needing updating*
(usually just to update version number to current release):

geokettle
geonetwork
geoserver
gpsdrive
grass
leaflet
mapbender
mapserver
mapwindow
mb-system
opencpn
openlayers
osgearth
osm
osm_dataset
ossim
pgrouting
postgis
proj4
rasdaman
saga
sextante
spatialite
udig
ushahidi
zoo-project
zygrib

Data Sets:
netCDF

Libraries:
gdal
geos
geotools
jts
liblas

*Project Overviews at "7.0draft" status*. Thankyou. I'll be reviewing over
the next few days.
geomoose
gmt
gpsprune
mapnik
marble
ncwms
qgis
tilemill

*Project Overviews at "7.0final" status*.
(Mostly projects which have not changed versions since last release):

52nSOS
geomajas
geomoose
gmt
gpsprune
mapfish
mapnik
mapproxy
maptiler
marble
ncwms
qgis
qgis_mapserver
sahana
tilemill
tinyows
viking
naturalearth
nc_dataset
metacrs

Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open
Sourcehttp://www.lisasoft.com