[Live-demo] Deadline for English docs today - and status

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 05:48:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

In my opinion, some kind of docs should be required for the "simple"
task of testing if everything is on the disk and working as expected. So
a preview of the workshop docs should appear soon (reminder, RC1 is
supposed to happen within the first 10 days of August and even if we
slipped beta1 for a week, I believe we are back on track now with beta2)

I also expect this Thurdsay (weekly meeting) to have a *big* discussion
on disk space and what needs to be cut off for the mini iso (we are
200MB over budget, hopefully new Marble package will reduce this by 50MB
or so).

Any projects that are not using the provided sample data, or are not
working as expected or take up *too much* space are easy targets, as
stated previously on this list (and some relevant Trac tickets).

So in my mind, newly included projects are more vulnerable to be tagged
as "not ready yet", rather than throwing off projects that are well
tested in previous OSGeoLive releases.

Ian, just to be clear, I am not referring specifically to Iris, same
applies to all new projects (GeoNode, ncWMS, Leaflet, iPython).

I even consider the netCDF data easy target to cut off at this point if
there is no documentation on how to use them.

We also need to discuss with the Rasdaman team if they can use the
netCDF data and lighten up their Petascope demo as Hamish proposed (BTW,
I like the new Rasdaman demo look-n-feel and seems to be working much
better than the previous one in 6.5). Just a thought: can the war files
in /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps be deleted after installation or tomcat
requires them to be there?

Best regards,
Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos