[Live-demo] disc space

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 31 19:50:10 PDT 2013

Angelos:
> Good news everyone!

> Nightly build 10556 (http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/) is now at
> 3.3G instead of 3.5G of beta2
> This build includes:
> 1. removal of war files from tomcat
> 2. replacement of marble with marble-qt which removed dependency to KDE libs
>
> So we are back on our target size for mini iso...

The 66mb of KDE would still be there until after r10558.
So I'm sort of wondering what failed. OSSIM?

I will work up a new usage chart for tomorrow's meeting.

I don't think it's up to the new projects to pay the price
when there is still bloat in the old projects. New projects
must stay lean from the start, but no more than anyone else.

thanks for the .war file cleanup. are they redundant/duplicate as
expanded versions of them are also available to run in raw form?

regards,
Hamish