[Live-demo] problem in installing live.osgeo on windows 7

Angelo Paone angelo.paone1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 17:09:02 PST 2013

Dear mailing list,

I have downloaded the live.osgeo and oracle virtual machine.
I have installed on my machine, live.osgeo with oracle virtual machine,
using the
> information on the following web pages:
> http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/virtualization_quickstart.html
> I have nearly finished the installation, I have also type the last command
> into the linux terminal
> $ sudo mount -t vboxsf -o uid=user,rw GIS /home/user/GIS
> I get:
> [sudo] password for user: (impossible to type charactes after user)

>From the passwords.text file, I know that my general password is user, but
I CANNOT type the password with my keyboard. On same time, I am able to
write linux commands on the terminal but not the password. I am sure that
it is some simple operation but I have not found the solution. Can you
suggest me how to solve this matter??

I wish to hear from you as soon as possible

Angelo

Angelo Paone
Research Professor
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow