[Live-demo] How to resize the osgeo-live-vm- 6.5.vmdk (normal 20 GB)

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Mar 26 16:40:44 PDT 2013

On 03/26/2013 03:04 PM, Angelo Paone wrote:
> Dear mailing list,
>
> I just wonder if somebody knows how to resize the updated
> VirtualBox-4.2.10-84105-Win, with the osgeo-live-vm-6.5.vmdk (normal 20
> GB). I want to get at least 30 GB. I have looked through the web but there
> are not detailed information about osgeo-live. Can someone direct me?
>

> Best Wishes
>
> Angelo Paone

Angelo,

We don't have specific instructions partly because it's the same as
resizing any Linux virtual machine.

The basic procedure:
Turn off the virtual machine.
In Virtual Box, increase the size of the disk in the VM settings.
Boot something like Gparted Live distro.
Resize the partition with the Gparted tool.
Reboot OSGeo Live with the Gparted disk removed.

This hint might help
http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/how-to-easily-resize-virtualbox-40-hard.html

Thanks,
Alex