[Live-demo] QGIS 2.0

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Oct 11 16:02:36 PDT 2013

On 10/11/2013 03:51 PM, Paolo Corti wrote:
> Hi
> Today I wanted to introduce QGIS 2.0 to a couple of colleagues.
> I thought that having them use it on OSGeo Live would be a good
> starting point, but I have discovered that there is QGIS 1.8 there.
> Any plan to update it?
> I think it would add more value to this beautiful process
> thanks a lot for all of your efforts
> regards

Paolo,

QGIS 2.0 was not ready until Foss4g, in order to make the Live DVD it
would have needed to been ready 1-2 months earlier. It should be the
version included in the next OSGeo Live for Feb/Mar of next year (we
release every 6 months).

That said, upgrading it is not hard on a persistent usb stick or virtual
machine. In fact a regular system update would likely pull 2.0.

Thanks,
Alex