[Live-demo] [Workshops] OSGeoLive in FOSS4G 2014 workshops?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Sat Jun 7 02:17:55 PDT 2014

Hi Vaclav,
Great to hear that you are considering OSGeo-Live.
Our policy [1] with OSGeo-Live is to only ship stable versions, rather than
the latest alpha release, and we'd be wanting at least a beta release by
feature freeze, and prefer a stable release at that time.

Will there be a stable 7.0 release of GRASS before FOSS4G?

There are a few other options open to you. Eg: You could use an OSGeo-Live
base, and download/update to the latest version of GRASS as the first step
of your workshop.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#Which_version_to_use.3F