[Live-demo] Towards OSGeoLive 7.9.1...

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jun 9 23:23:29 PDT 2014

On 06/09/2014 08:49 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Much better! Second download attempt from Osprey gave me a passing MD5
> checksum. Install to a QEMU/KVM virtual machine on a Fedora 20 host
> worked fine. I did see some kind of transient Ubuntu error message
> trying to log in but I haven't been able to locate a log file / crash
> report yet. PgAdmin3 starts up and I can see all the PostGIS accounts.
>
> Tomorrow I'll do a VMware Workstation install and make sure QGIS can
> talk to PostGIS and that ogr2ogr can do the shapefile-to-GeoJSON
> converts. I also have a GDB file that I can test import; it requires
> GDAL 1.11 to read the ESRI GDB files.

OSGeo-Live 7.9 does not have GDAL 1.11, it only has 1.10 since we're
talking about versions of software from 4 months ago.

OSGeo-Live 8 which is what is in development now with have 1.11.
So you might not be able to test those features until our 8.0 beta next
month.

With the rebuild of 7.9 with a minor fix I think we just need to verify
that the major applications start.

Thanks,
Alex