[Live-demo] [Ica-osgeo-labs] OSGeo-Live in a training setting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:19:29 PDT 2014

Hi Carson,
Thanks for the question re how OSGeo-Live should be used within a
training setting.
This is a question we have received a few times now, and I'm interested
to hear thoughts from others who have used, or wish to use OSGeoLive in
an educational setting.

What is are the key use cases we are aiming to address regarding use of
OSGeo-Live in an educational setting, and in particular, what needs are
required from an educator's perspective?

Is a VM suitable?
What datasets are required?
Is a standard OSGeo-Live distribution sufficient, or do trainers need to
download and install specific things for their course?