[Live-demo] FOSS4G Drives

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Sep 10 10:42:55 PDT 2014

To read the exfat formatted drives in Ubuntu 14.04 you need to install
sudo apt-get install exfat-fuse exfat-utils

For those demo machines that don't have network, grab the deb packages
from http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/exfat-fuse and copy over via usb
drive.

On Ubuntu 12.04 you need a ppa to get it
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:relan/exfat
sudo apt-get install fuse-exfat exfat-utils

I checked the contents, it just has the full iso file.

The options I see are:
1. Use startup creator on the booth laptops to create bootable drives.

2. Format the drives fat and copy the mini iso + vbox installers (that I
provided to Eli)
2a. We can probably dump the Win/Mac installers outside the iso to be
copied separately.
(I suspect we can bash script this)

I think I know why the manufacturer made the drives exfat, fat formatted
drives don't support files larger than 4 GB.

Option 2 is probably best unless someone has a low power laptop. It
should also take less total time to make per drive.

Thanks,
Alex