[Live-demo] Dual boot and Hyper-V

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Sep 17 12:45:02 PDT 2014

On 09/17/2014 12:03 PM, RicardoMS wrote:
> Hello Edward,
>
> The thing is that I didn't have any problems of these problems in Hyper-V
> with OSGeo Live 7.9 nor with installing it after windows, in a dual boot. I
> never experienced what you say in 1. and 2., with any virtualized Operating
> System. Getting internet in Hyper-V is quite simple, but yes, VMware would
> be better for other reasons.
>
> I think I will just continue using OSGeo Live 7.9.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ricardo Silva

Since this is our first build on top of Lubuntu/ubuntu 14.04 I suspect
some things have changed. It would be good to figure out what and see if
there are solutions. 14.04 might simply be too new for Hyper-V, what
version of Hyper-V do you have and when was it release?

That said very few of us have access to test that platform, so any
testing you can do would be great. I might suggest you try a stock
Ubuntu image and see if that behaves better. That would get us closer to
which path to follow for a solution.

FYI, there is a trick to clear out the nic hardware detection by
removing the contents of /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
that used to unstick a mis-detection of network cards when moving
between different virtual hardware.

Thanks,
Alex