[Live-demo] [Incubator] OGC CITE Test Engine, including on OSGeo-Live, OSGeo-Incubation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:34:45 PST 2015

Hi Luis and Richard,
I probably should explain the different incubation processes.

OSGeo-Live provides a DVD/USB/VM which is handed out at conferences, and
used in workshops and training programs. It requires an installer,
project overview and quickstart (which get translated into 10+ languages).
To join OSGeo-Live you start by officially applying as per:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#How_to_add_a_project_to_OSGeoLive
I suggest this is a good starting point for you.

OSGeo Incubation is more rigorous. As well as providing marking (as
provided by OSGeo-Live), it additionally requires formal software
development and community processes to be in place. Completing OSGeo
incubation provides the project with a badge of quality. The CITE TEAM
Engine has officially entered OSGeo Incubation, but I understand has not
started working through the checklist of requirements to completing.
Joining OSGeo-Live would contribute toward answering one of the OSGeo
Incubation questions.

LocationTech has another incubation process. I haven't been involved in
LocationTech incubation, so am probably not the best person to talk to it.

If you do intend to join OSGeo-Live, could you please send us an email
addressing the application questions within the next week, so that we
can plan our release accordingly. (The schedule for OSGeo-Live is below).

I'm excited by the potential of working with you.

Warm regards, Cameron