[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live and FOSS4G Meeting in Knoxville TN - May 19th 2017

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:20:46 PST 2017

On 19/01/2017 6:33 AM, Randal Hale wrote:
<snip>
> Which actually I have a question - can we get some OSGEO-LIVE USB
> drives? Do they cost something? I haven't searched for info on the
> OSGEO site - it's just a question I've had for a bit.
Hi Randal,
I'm CCing OSGeo-Live list, as you will likely get more responses there.
Technically, building an OSGeo-Live USB is described here:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/usb_quickstart.html
There has been talk about including the printing of OSGeo-Live USBs on
the OSGeo Marketing committee, but no decisions I'm aware of for paying
for them yet. You might want to ask there.
If your initial attendance is only small, you might find it easier to
just manually create a few USBs and hand them out. Having OSGeo-Live
running on a few laptops and demonstrating one-on-one would be useful,
or even going one step further and running a workshop.

M +61 419 142 254