[Live-demo] about osgeo and sponsors

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 11:08:55 PDT 2017

Reviewing the page:

- https://live.osgeo.org/en/sponsors.html

I had a question about the sponsors listed, are they all current sponsors?
Or is that a lifetime achievement award. Also one of the images appears be
broken, perhaps for the australian government office of spatial data
management?

The description of the OSGeo Foundation should include our vision -
"empower everyone with open source geospatial". See
http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/about.html

The description under "The OSGeo Foundation" mixes the foundation and the
live gis description. I think you may need to move the following text up
further in the page, or add a new heading?

*This Live GIS disc and virtual-machine has been put together by members of
the OSGeo community to showcase their favourite Free and Open Source (FOSS)
geospatial software. We’ve included a number of non-OSGeo software
packages, GIS focused and otherwise, which we hope you will find to be as
useful as we do. The OSGeo Foundation does not recommend or guarantee any
associated software, projects, or companies found within.*

*These programs are distributed in the hope that they will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY
or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.*

The list of "OSGeo Supporting Sponsors" is out of date:

   - Supporting sponsors is no longer a category, we have bronze, silver,
   gold, platinum tiers.
      - See http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship for details
   - The sponsors listed for 2017 are here -
   http://www.osgeo.org/content/sponsorship/sponsors.html
   - The diamond and platinum sponsor logos are intended to be listed on
   all promotional material
      - Can we confirm that OSGeo Live is considered a "Key OSGeo marketing
      materials"?
      - diamond/platinum sponsors for 2017 are GeoCat and Boundless (and
      now Digital Globe and IBM if they wish to be cross listed as osgeo
      sponsors).

The sponsorship "perks" are rewritten each year, so if the OSGeo Live
project would like to adjust any of the above expectations for 2018 please
make a motion and we can change things up.

Keep in mind that OSGeo Live sponsors can be cross linked as osgeo sponsors
(any contirbutions they make to the project adds to their total for osgeo
sponsorship).

--
Jody Garnett