[Live-demo] [Proj] Fwd: [OSGeo-Live] Proj4 documentation

Nicolas Roelandt roelandtn.pro at gmail.com
Tue May 30 14:21:39 PDT 2017

Hi Julien and dear PROJ.4 Community,

Regarding the PROJ.4 documentation in OSGeo-Live, there is no overview or
quickstart at the moment.

Or we consider it as one core brick of many other projects, like GDAL, and
we would like to have those documents for the people who wants to learn
more about it.

So we are looking for one (or better 2) volunteer(s), to write an overview
and a quickstart like the GDAL ones. [1][2]

The documentation can be forked on github. [3]

Writing or review guidances can be found too. [4][5]

We would too that those volunteers can be our preferred intermediary to
contact when me make check and update calls before a new release (mostly
twice a year).
Once written, the docs will have to be checked to see if they still match
the PROJ.4 version installed, quickstart have to be tested too and the
necessary updates provided.

It is often not a lot of work, but we are looking other more than 50
projects, some of them that we are not cutting edge onto, so we need help
from project communities.

In order to keep  our contact list, we would like that volunteers provides
contact infos to Astrid Emde [6] or Vicky Vergara [7] as they centralized
them.

If you have further questions, please reach out to us on our mailing list
[8], or our IRC chan [9].

Best regards,

Nicolas Roelandt

OSGeo-Live PSC member