[Live-demo] [Proj] Fwd: [OSGeo-Live] Proj4 documentation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed May 31 12:57:38 PDT 2017

Hi Evan,

Yes, MetaCRS was a project gathering all the Proj4 projects together.
However, it appears that proj4 is the only project in that grouping
which is active?

Hence my thoughts are that "MetaCRS" should be dropped from OSGeo-Live
as a concept and "Proj4" be used instead. It would be ok to say "Proj4
has been translated into other languages, including proj4js, ..."

Your thoughts are welcome.

Warm regards, Cameron

On 31/5/17 7:33 am, Even Rouault wrote:

> On mardi 30 mai 2017 23:21:39 CEST Nicolas Roelandt wrote:
>
> > Hi Julien and dear PROJ.4 Community,
>

> > Regarding the PROJ.4 documentation in OSGeo-Live, there is no
> overview or
>
> > quickstart at the moment.
>
> Looking a bit, I can see MetaCRS being mentionned in
>
> https://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html
>
> and pointing to
>
> https://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/metacrs_overview.html
>
> where proj.4 is briefly mentionned.