[Live-demo] osgeo-live where to list on new website?

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Sat Sep 2 20:43:00 PDT 2017

Cameron
In the Monday meeting we decided to apply for incubation.
Was a PSC decision.
If we are not applying to incubation, then another meeting is needed to see
if the PSC decides to apply for community project.
Its not a one person decision, I think.

Vicky

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jody,
>
> I raised concerns in the OSGeo-Live meeting about becoming an OSGeo
> community project. I feel that we are a lot more mature than a community
> project implies, and would prefer to delay until we are ready to incubate.
>
> Also, we are actually very progressed in the incubation process and I'm
> expecting we should be able to complete incubation within a few months.
>
> Warm regards, Cameron
>
> On 2/9/17 10:32 pm, Jody Garnett wrote:
>
> Sure, can you jump on the incubation list and apply to be an OSGeo
> community project now?
>
> And yes please open a trac ticket to apply for incubation.
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 2 September 2017 at 03:26, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jody,
>>
>> In our last weekly meeting we decided to apply for OSGeo Incubation, so
>> that we can finally be listed as an OSGeo Project.
>> I will open a trac ticket with the application within the next 48h.
>> I hope you are still interested to be our mentor through this process.
>>
>> Best,
>> Angelos
>>

>> On 08/25/2017 08:13 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>>
>> Looking at the site map for the new website OSGeo Live kind of belongs in
>> two spots:
>>
>> - http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/osgeo-live/
>> - http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/initiatives/geoforall <-- no page yet, but
>> is the location used on the site map
>>
>> Note I have had to remove OSGeo-Live from the "mega menu" since it is not
>> an OSGeo Project (has not completed incubation) or an OSGeo Community
>> project (has not asked to be recognized as such).

>> --
>> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
>> Charter Member
>> Open Source Geospatial Foundationhttp://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos