[Lizmap] New plugin for QGIS Server

Etienne Trimaille etrimaille at 3liz.com
Wed May 11 04:33:08 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

Starting from Lizmap 3.4, we created the QGIS Server plugin for Lizmap.
Until now, it's was the same plugin for both QGIS Desktop and Server.

This was not very convenient for end users because some versions were
targeting only the desktop side, sometimes only the server side and
sometimes both desktop and server in the same version.

We have decided to split the source code into two plugins :

* the "Lizmap" plugin is now targeting only the desktop
* the "Lizmap server" is for the server side.

Both are published on the QGIS repository and have their own GitHub
repository :

* Lizmap desktop :https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/lizmap/
* Lizmap server : https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/lizmap_server/
<https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/lizmap/>

So for *desktop*, please *always* do the upgrade when QGIS Desktop warns
you there is a new version.

For *server*, if you install the new plugin, *remove* the previous one
"lizmap". You *must* have a single folder called `lizmap_server`.
The code about the server *will be removed in the next version of the
plugin called "lizmap".*

As a reminder, we recommend you to use QGIS-Plugin-Manager to install and
upgrade plugins on your server.
https://pypi.org/project/qgis-plugin-manager/ We have released version *1.1.0
yesterday*, so do not forget to upgrade as well this tool.

if you have any issue, do not hesitate.

I hope everything is clear.

--

Etienne Trimaille