[Lizmap] Lizmap install documentation for 3.6 using Apache Server

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at naturalgis.pt
Wed Apr 5 08:44:42 PDT 2023

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 1:10 PM Etienne Trimaille <etrimaille at 3liz.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are aware with some difficulties understanding the full stack of Lizmap
> when installing, it's complex, a lot of steps depends of the actual needs
> on the server, how you run the server etc.
> We are trying to symplify some steps and make the documentation
> easier/lighter.
>
> There are already quite a few things we don't mention in the installation,
> like SSL certificates for instance.
> Some components are not mandatory (Postgresql backend for storing
> users/logs, Filezilla for transfering files, Redis for caching).
> We can't have a documentation covering all possible installations.
> Everyone should check how to setup a HTTPS access for instance.
>
> Even QGIS server installation, there are docker, qgis FCGI, systemd,
> py-qgis-server, supervisor etc ... We do not want to cover all possible
> installations of QGIS server.
>
> We would like to keep the installation as light if possible, with only
> specific steps designed for Lizmap.
> It seems the Apache installation doesn't require specific steps. It's a
> normal PHP application. Even Ngnix, but we keep one example for now
> (because we are using it)
>
> Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't done any installation for a few years now on
> Apache, but a good tutorial on how to install a Linux Apache PostgreSQL PHP
> server is enough ? Similar to a LAMP server :
> https://click.pstmrk.it/3ts/www.digitalocean.com%2Fcommunity%2Ftutorials%2Fhow-to-install-linux-apache-mysql-php-lamp-stack-ubuntu-18-04/InJh/UWqsAQ/AQ/1cce735d-740a-4990-b87c-b41d6415eee7/1/M0GhD4Sgi7

Maybe after or before the current paragraphs we could add a new one with a
"quick" steps (no much details, basically just the commands) to install LM
on a Ubuntu server machine on top of Apache or Ngnix. I have something
already written along those lines that is some time now I want to
contribute (is for Apache, not ngnix). I guess I will have to add some line
about the new mandate for the Lizmap QGIS Server plugin, but should not be
much.

- make your own github repo or github gist and we will a link similar to
> https://click.pstmrk.it/3ts/docs.lizmap.com%2Fcurrent%2Ffr%2Finstall%2Fwindows.html/InJh/UWqsAQ/AQ/1cce735d-740a-4990-b87c-b41d6415eee7/2/eM8QRarGpM with NaturalGIS.
> At least as a starter for you, I would make a gist with your notes.

Note that our recipe for QGIS Server and Lizmap on Windows (that we never
endorsed for production) is in need at least of an update, and I'm not even
sure if QGIS Server plugins will work (they should, but not 100%).  This
just to say that I'm tempted to discontinue it in favour of instructions on
how to install QGIS Server and Lizmap using WSL.

Cheers!

-- G --