[Lizmap] Latest releases about Lizmap Web Client and Lizmap QGIS plugin

Etienne Trimaille etrimaille at 3liz.com
Fri Dec 15 06:04:06 PST 2023

Hi everyone,

Here some news about the latest releases we made for December.

*Lizmap Web Client*
*
*
We have published the major new version *3.7.0* yesterday, after one
year since 3.6.0.

You can find the "changelog" on the release page :
https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-web-client/releases/tag/3.7.0

*Quickly some main new features :*

  * New theme about the web application
  * Checkbox when using a categorized renderer
  * New way to organize the layer tree with a dedicated group for
    base-layers
  * New options about printing : define formats, define DPI, and mainly
    some groups for each QGIS layouts
  * Have some geometric constraints when using the drawing tool
  * ...

We will make a changelog on our website soon.

We really want to thank our sponsors about funding new features. The
full list is on the release page above.
We also would like to thank Faunalia, they made some pull requests on
GitHub about new features in Lizmap Web Client.

Side note, we have also released a bug fix release *3.6.8* if you are
still using this branch :
https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-web-client/releases/tag/3.6.8

Lizmap Web Client 3.5 is definitely *"end of life"* now. You should
upgrade if you are still running this version.
We have also changed our release schedule, we will not maintain the 3.6
branch as long as we did for 3.5. We will hopefully make a *shorter
overlap between 3.6 and 3.7*, to encourage people to migrate to a newer
version.

*Lizmap QGIS plugin*

Yesterday, we published version *4.1.1* as well.
We really encourage you to upgrade in your QGIS plugin as well. Some of
you have noticed, the latest major version 4 was slightly breaking your
workflow 🙂 Some errors are blocking you. Keep in mind that if it's
blocking, the fix takes less than a minute to do, for the "whole
project". But if you have some *important *checks, the Lizmap
configuration file is still generated, but the performance on QGIS
server can be decreased. But the fix is not "quick", that's why it's not
blocking you.

Please read our blog article about this latest release :
🇬🇧 https://www.3liz.com/en/news/lizmap-plugin-release-4-0-0.html
<https://www.3liz.com/en/news/lizmap-plugin-release-4-0-0.html>
🇫🇷 https://www.3liz.com/news/lizmap-plugin-release-4-0-0.html <🇫🇷
https://www.3liz.com/news/lizmap-plugin-release-4-0-0.html>