[Lizmap] Lizmap Web Client 3.7 First Alpha

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 01:55:41 PDT 2023

Hi Lizmap users,

We, 3Liz team, are pleased to announce the release of the first alpha
version of Lizmap Web Client 3.7

The release is available here
https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-web-client/releases/tag/3.7.0-alpha.1

This is a first alpha. It is made for tests, not for production. We're
aware that this version still contains bugs, but we'd be pleased to get
back any issues.

To be able to run this version of Lizmap Web Client, you need :
* QGIS Server 3.16 minimum, check the latest monthly bugfix release on
the QGIS roadmap
* Lizmap QGIS Server plugin 2.8.0 minimum
* QGIS project files targeting at least Lizmap Web Client 3.4 to be
displayed

The majors features of this version are :
* Refactoring of the legend:
   * Add checkbox in the legend to enable/disable some symbols within
the layer
   * Add symbols of the legend item by default for all layers and
rendering rules
   * Group project-background-color to display the default background color
   * Use any base layer as a background, the usage of legacy keywords
osm-mapnik etc. is now deprecated
   * These new background layers must be in a group called baselayers.
* Partially migrate the map from OpenLayers 2 to OpenLayers 7

You can get more information here
https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-web-client/releases/tag/3.7.0-alpha.1

Lizmap Web Client 3.7 has been funding by 3Liz and :
* Avignon
* Calvados
* ICRC
* Geolab.re
* Le Grand Narbonne
* Parc naturel régional du Haut-Jura
* Tenergie
* Terre de Provence Agglomération
* DDTM de l'Hérault
More may be added between now and the release of final version 3.7.0.

The 3Liz team 🦎