[Lizmap] Thanks and question about the warning with increased number of layers

G. Wagner, Wagner-IT info at wagner-it.de
Sun Feb 11 23:11:34 PST 2024

Hi Etienne,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. And sorry for the late response, but there is a lot of productive (positive) work with Lizmap. The data for the applications must also be created :)

->  I'm thinking about the "Invalid field for QGIS server", this one is an important check to fix, but it takes more than a minute...

What is meant by this? Overall, filling in the QGIS server tab in the project properties?

-> Feel free to provide some ideas if needed, in the Lizmap plugin repository.

The default collapsing of the layer groups in the plugin would still be a great relief. I have to scroll a lot every time.

Or a handling of the layer groups as in the WebClient (and in the QGIS layer tree)

Should I suggest this on Github?

-> Hum, for now, there isn't any check about the number of layer in the plugin, right ?

Here I meant the note about the number of layers in the backend (on the web)

-> That's why some QGIS settings can be tuned to skip some parts when loading a project (skip layouts, force readonly on layers...)

„force readonly on layers“?  Which option is meant here?

(Sorry, but I often have translation problems (Deepl))

In a comprehensive WebGIS project for municipalities/cities, there are many themes (layers) that should be available in a project as far as possible. However, only some of these are then activated by the user as required.

I will still try to test the extent to which a large number of passive layers has a negative effect on speed.

Many thanks and best regards

WAGNER-IT

Ingenieurbüro für Geoinformatik
Günter Wagner