[Lizmap] Lizmap 3.7.4 QGIS Pluging 4.4.3 Speed

Etienne Trimaille etrimaille at 3liz.com
Mon Feb 26 06:53:34 PST 2024

Hi,

> # All work quite well with the exception that it took many seconds to
> create on QGIS with Lizmap the *.cfg file.

I can confirm this as well on some projects. Weird, but only the first
time looks slow mainly for me, am I wrong ?

I guess you have a lot of PG layers ? How many approximately ?

> I don't have any speed problems with the cfg. file.
> Could it be due to checking the versions from the server (or the defined
> server connections) in the plugin?

No, version checking is very quick. The performance when saving CFG file
is due to validation on PG layers I guess.

(with a PG server not next to QGIS desktop)

> I often get error messages here in QGIS.

Please report any Python error on GitHub.

> Unfortunately not at the moment,
> I'll add it later. I also find the handling with the settings for the
> current server not optimal. I often have to select the current server again.
> The plugin probably doesn't remember this via the cfg file. As I have a lot
> of server connections with different versions, this is often a bit annoying.

The CFG file is not used to restore the default server. Only your
previous server used in your QGIS profile.

QGIS Settings → Advanced → I will be careful → Lizmap → Instance target URL

> Furthermore, every check is probably logged in the log files. I will write
> something about this on Github for the plugin.

Sorry, I'm not sure to understand. You mean the CFG file ?

--

Etienne Trimaille
Géomaticien

*Tel.* 06 12 93 11 39