[Local-chapters] Are you going to run an event?

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Wed May 18 04:50:29 EDT 2011

The Romanian chapter, along with geo-spatial.org and some geography
faculties, organized so far four FOSS4G practical workshops. The last
one was held in April, in Cluj Napoca. We had 180+ participants and the
program included workshops on: GRASS, QGIS, OpenGeoSuite, VTP and
LeoWorks. All the details are available at (Romanian language):

<http://earth.unibuc.ro/index.php?id=331>

Some pictures here:

<https://picasaweb.google.com/ctudose/GeoSpatial2011ClujNapoca?authkey=Gv1sRgCN_miKOSzLi0Gw#>

This year we are planning two similar events in October (Bucharest) and
November (Timisoara). For the next year we would really like to do a
national FOSS4G conference.

Best,
Vasile