[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS - really low cost hardware platforms for this?

Sasa Ivetic sivetic at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 3 09:58:09 EDT 2006

I think the problem is that in the field they may not want to carry a keyboard.  It gets quite awkward to try to walk and type on a keyboard at the same time.  When using a touchscreen device, they can walk and enter information at the same time (using the stylus).  So I'm not too sure how good this device would be for field use.

However, as it is quite cheap, it may work well for places where end-users are able to utilize a keyboard/mouse/etc.

Also I see that you can plug in 1 USB device, and with the expansion board you can use up to 4 USB devices.  That could come in quite handy.