[OSGeo-Discuss] Mobile GPS data collection...

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Aug 14 19:00:09 EDT 2006

Sasa Ivetic wrote:
> Tyler,
>
> Have you heard back from maptools yet as to whether or not they will
>  provide us with hosting?
>

> The discussion seems to have died down. This is just to reignite the
> interest, make sure people haven't forgotten about it.

I've not forgot about it.
As I wrote, I have to take 2-3 weeks break
(https://mail.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=895)
I should be back after FOSS4G 2006 and I hope to continue
discussion/activities on this subject.

> What do you all think the next step is?

+1

> We have the requirements started out. I figure we should start
> deciding on whether we want to start from scratch, or extend an
> existing project.

+1 for from-scratch thirdparty components like gpsd

> Also, are we agreed on using Linux for the programming environment?

+1

> How about the programming lanugage, are we going to stick to C/C++
> for majority of the programming (with perl/php being used for the web
> stuff)?

Personally, I always C/C++ (and stick to ISO C++ as much as I can)
for mobile development: portability, robustness, I am a C++ fun :-)
I can work with every Web scripting engine.

> Or is there interest in other platforms/languages?

I don't have any.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot