[OSGeo-Discuss] Packaging an Integrated Geospatial Stack

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:26:57 EDT 2006

On 8/17/06, Jody Garnett <jgarnett at refractions.net> wrote:
> Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> > Amongst the OSGEO software projects, the CD contains all packages
> > expect GeoTools and MapGuide OS. Maybe in future release we can
> > include them too.
> Cool, we have published a PostGIS, GeoServer, MapBuilder, uDig stack
> on conference CDs before.  GeoTools is a bit hard to include in a stack
> by itself as it is only a library.

Currently a GRASS (latest and greatest) CD is being prepared for the FOSS4G
GRASS workshops (based on Knoppix 5):

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_related_workshops_and_presentations#Live-CD_for_GRASS-related_workshops

It will include GRASS 6.2.0, R, QGIS0.8, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, terralib etc.

Markus