A Veritable Proliferation of Mailing List Uses

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Tue Mar 7 17:38:36 EST 2006

In a similar tenor to my previous email, this past Thursday marked the
first (unofficial) social meeting of what might someday be called the
Boston OSGeo Users Group, and on Saturday, the same had its first
(unofficial) technical meeting.

This could become a regular thing here in Boston! (Well, Cambridge,
actually... but it's close enough.)

I see that the wiki lists a small number of local OSGeo-related user
groups:

    http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Like_Minded_Regional_Organizations

Are we going to make like the Perl Foundation and offer them mailing
lists and such (many of which, it should be pointed out, are likely to
go unused for long periods)? :-)

SDE