[OSGeo-Discuss] Fw: Re: New Google Mapping Patent

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 11:47:01 EST 2007

2007/1/9, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net>:
> Jo Walsh wrote:
> >    * Visually-oriented driving directions in digital mapping system
> >    * Combined map scale and measuring tool
>
> I don't know how to comment it. I'm in shock!
> It seems there is no way to stop this "crazy" race of patents.

I guess is up to the guys in the US to show prior art, at least they
are in a position to file the relevant  docs.

Autodesk should be quite aware of that, since they have software in that niche.

Also, does not UMN Mapserver predates google on this?

--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.224 = GG86jc