[webmap-discuss] Roll Call

Shaun Walbridge walbridge at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Apr 6 13:33:22 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Shaun Walbridge from Santa Barbara, California, US. I work for the
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis.  I work on a few
projects with web mapping components, both in developing new spatial
data and novel ways to display data, and helping external groups develop
and implement a vision for their data.

I'm interested in pushing the AJAX-based web mapping environment further
along in the direction of providing a basic analysis environment for
exploring geospatial data. An AJAX based common library would further
this goal, as would general design patterns [1] for web mapping. I'd
also like to help build the bridge between web mapping clients and the
various open source GIS components down the stack, such as GRASS.

Shaun Walbridge
http://ebm.nceas.ucsb.edu

1. http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/