Vector rendering design updated

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 01:21:25 EST 2006

I've updated the Vector Rendering design at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/AJAX_WebMapping_Vector_Rendering_Design

Key changes:
* There is one graphics/Canvas class which creates all graphic objects
(SVG/VML/etc).

* This means that we don't need a Renderer for each target platform. The
Renderer just calls the one Canvas class to create shapes.

* I've created a StyledGeometry concept for storing features.

* I've changed some of the names of files to align with the GO-1 naming
convention. (as I understand it).

There are still more details we can work out - but they would probably
be best to work out during implementation.

Comments welcome.

Other news:
* Chris Thorne is interested to use implement X3D rendering. (3D
rendering which can be installed into a browser as a pluggin). Some info
at http://planet-earth.org/

--
Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net