[Mapbender-dev] Added map to OSGeo Mapbender domain

Lars-Hendrik Schneider schneider at terrestris.de
Tue Apr 18 10:53:19 EDT 2006

Hi,

Arnulf Christl schrieb:
> Leonhard Dietze wrote:
>
>> Arnulf Christl (CCGIS) schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> could someone please check whether the Mapbender GUI on
>>> http://mapbender.osgeo.org works fine with the newest MS IS (I have
>>> no MS
>>> IE to test on my box.)? It has been included as an iframe pointing to
>>> our
>>> demo bos which is hosted on http://wms1.ccgis.de/mapbender2/ As soon as
>>> tellascience is up and running we will request to run the reference
>>> installation there.
>>

>> It works in my IE6 with the warning-Popup that you
>> mentioned. In IE7 I get an the small warning
>> in the statusbar on top of the browser, that
>> something was hidden. But when I click on this
>> message, then everything works fine.
>>
>> Leo
>

> Thanx for testing. If anybody experiences trouble please notify this
> list. This is Mapbender's new web business card, so it should shine and
> sparkle.

just tested with Firefox 1.5.0.2 (latest release) on Kubuntu Breezy
Badger. Runs smoothly, but the iframe seems to be a little too small in
height - I see the scrollbar there for a few dpi. Well, I think this is
due to the different font sets in the browsers - but perhaps increasing
the height by 10pixels or so would not harm anyone and makes the demo a
precious diamond in the end ...

Regards,
Lars-Hendrik