[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender Project Metrics

Melchior Moos nimix at gmx.net
Mon Dec 4 15:35:26 EST 2006

Hi all,

when speaking about making contribution of external developers as easy
as possible, I would propose to make commitments by writing patches
possible because I think this is the most simple way to contribute
liltle changes. People could send them to the dev mailing list (or maybe
a new list) and someone with svn writing access can integrate or reject
the patches after having a look over it.
creating a patch is quite simple:
diff -u 'original file' 'file with changes' > file.patch
you can also create patches against svn:
svn diff 'changed file' > file.patch
aplying a patch is also quite easy:
patch -pN < file.patch
where N is the number of leading elements of the path that should be striped

regards,
melchior