[Mapbender-dev] proposal: new column in db

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Aug 7 11:33:46 EDT 2007

When experimenting with internationalization I realized that there is a
general need to separate content from structure in Mapbender.

An example is the tooltip for each module, which originates from a
database entry "e_attributes" in table "gui_element". A typical entry
would look like this:

onclick='mod_addWMS()'  onmouseover='this.src =
this.src.replace(/_off/,"_over");'  onmouseout='this.src =
this.src.replace(/_over/, "_off");' title="Adding WMS"

It's not easy extracting the translation of the title from this field.
So I propose to add a new column "e_title" to gui_element, where the
tooltip may come from. By this way, it will be easy to translate the
title as it is isolated.

The title may also be used for the headers in the module "mod_tab".

Please vote on my proposal ASAP, so I can check in the relevant code
before my vacation starting Saturday.

Thanks

--
Baudson Christoph