[Mapbender-dev] mod_treefolder2

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Dec 4 06:03:52 EST 2007

Hi,

after yesterdays IRC meeting mod_treefolder clearification, I checked
the current mb2.4.3 treeGDE:

How Gui-WMS-Settings is intended to work:
- if the status of a layer is 'off' the layer should not be present in
the client at all
- if a layer is not selectable and not selectable for featureInfo: the
layer should be ignored by the foldertree

This works as expected. I observed the following problems when playing
around with the gui-wms-configuration:

- If all layer of a wms are set to sel=no and queryable=no, then you
get an error in the tree. The layers do not appear in the tree as
intended, but layer 0 is there although also set to sel=no and
queryable=no.
- unfortunately the same is true, when one or more layers have sel_default=true.

That's all i could find.

>From my point of view, it would make more sense, to have on/off decide
whether a layer is in the client and then also in the tree. The magic
of "sel=no and querable=no, the layer disapears" is not documented,
not really necessary (it can be achieved by on/off=0) and prevents us
from displaying layers in the tree for pure information (look, we have
this layer but you can neither enable/disable visibility nor
enable/disable query at the moment)*.

Additionally this would take the column headers literally:
on/off: layers is either present or not
sel(ectable): layer is selectable or not (disable checkbox)
sel_default: the layer is displayed by default (checks the visibility
checkbox, whatever the status of the checkbox is)
query(able): layer is queryable or not (disable checkbox)
If switch_wms is set for this tree and layer 0 has sel=0, then the wms
checkbox should be disabled as well.

Cheers, Michael

* I might be biased, because i just needed this functionality, that's
why i looked into mod_treefolder... ;-)

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res