[Mapbender-dev] Packer (code conventions)

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Feb 6 04:33:06 EST 2007

Another thing that we should keep in mind is, that a lot of different
js-scripts are loaded into map.php on startup, and conflicts could arise
if each script would be compressed individually (as Dean Edwards' packer
shortens variable names as well).

I did a little research, and found this list of JS obfuscators and
packers (there are quite a lot)

http://www.javascriptsearch.com/guides/Advanced/articles/061221JSObfuscators.html

Especially this one

http://www.saltstorm.net/depo/esc/varsubst.wbm

seems to be interesting, as it is free software and can handle the
compression of multiple (dependent) js files.

So I guess we should consider other packers as well. If anyone has
experience with any of these or other tools, please share your knowledge.