[Mapbender-dev] JSON revisited

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Fri Jan 12 10:51:46 EST 2007

Hi there,

at the moment we are toying around with JSON to store WFS-T geometries
in the digitize GUI. We are sending the JSON-string-representation the
geometry array via Ajax to the server.

There we will build a GML out of the JSON input. We assume it's easier
to build the GML on the server side because DOM is available etc.

Because the native JSON support in PHP has only just begun in version
5.2, we are experimenting with JSON-PHP, see

http://mike.teczno.com/json.html

Because JSON overloads several JS datatypes, some conflicts emerge. For
example, for (var attribute in object) suddenly doesn't work anymore
because it has an additional attribute: the JSON functions :-)

If anyone has any suggestions concerning JSON use in Mapbender, just let
us know.